Wing’s Testing & Balancing is an independent agency founded in 1980. We specialize in testing, analyzing, adjusting and balancing all types of heating ventilating and air conditioning systems. We provide competent, reliable service for new construction, renovations, existing facilities, indoor air quality studies and commissioning. We have a proven track record for obtaining results for our clients through innovative state-of-the-art testing methods and techniques.
- Our company’s 36 year history is built on Expertise, Reliability, and Results.
- We are members of the Sheet Metal Workers’ Local Union #40.
- We are a 100% Woman owned company, certified with the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council, and the State of Connecticut.
- We are members of ASHRAE, The Connecticut Building Congress, and the Professional Women in Construction groups.
- We provide air and water balancing for new construction and renovations. Our firm's technicians are certified through TABB, the Testing Adjusting and Balancing Bureau, an international certification agency located in Arlington, VA. We carry both technician and supervisor certifications.
- We specialize in troubleshooting systems, using a forensic approach.
- Wing's performs testing of rooms with air change, pressure, temperature or humidity requirements.
- Our reports are published in a Joint Commission friendly format.
- Reports are customized for each facility, with sketches of room volume and H.V.A.C. distribution.
- Wing's technicians are ICRA certified to work in healthcare environments.
- Our technicians are certified through TABB to act as commissioning agents.
- We often work directly for the Commissioning Authority, as part of the commissioning team.
- We offer plan review services for both commissioned and non-commissioned jobs.
- We offer complete ASHRAE 110 testing, with manikin, smoke and tracer gas testing.
- We also perform NSF 95 testing of bio-safety cabinets, including HEPA Filter leak testing.
- We carry TABB specialty certification for ASHRAE 110.
- We have staff certified with the National Air Filtration Association, and can offer life-cycle costing, HEPA filter installation, Bag-in/Bag-out, and HEPA filter testing in place.
- We are proud members of the US Green Building Council, and have a LEED AP on staff.
- We can be the responsible party for LEED credits.
- We carry certifications to test and work on Fire/Smoke dampers, as well as building pressurization systems and smoke exhaust systems.
- We offer a fire-damper inspection program.
- We offer sound and vibration testing.
- We also offer limited indoor air quality testing.
- We can team with other contractors as needed (sheet metal, controls, etc) to make repairs beyond our firm's normal scope, offering a "one-stop solution".
Metropolitan Business Academy, Community Health Center, Wesleyan University
Bill Donald, Van Zelm
Contract Amounts: $40,000- $80,000
Various projects, including Bristol Myers Squibb
Phil Mader, MPH Engineering
New York, NY
Kurt Jahrsdoerfer, Lenox Hill Hospital
Ongoing work: $250,000.00